Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat® OpenShift familiarizes students with building and managing Docker containers for deployment on a Kubernetes cluster. This course helps students build core knowledge and skills in managing containers through hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
We will also go hands-on with the essentials of Python scripting. You’ll learn the basics of writing and running Python scripts to more advanced features such as file operations, regular expressions, working with binary data, and using the extensive functionality of Python modules. Extra emphasis is placed on features unique to Python, such as tuples, array slices, and output formatting.
- Developers wishing to containerize software applications
- Administrators new to container technology and container orchestration
- Architects considering using container technologies in software architectures
- Professionals who are new to Python and scripting.
- An ability to use a Linux terminal session and issue operating system commands
- Have Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or equivalent experience
- Have experience with web application architectures and their corresponding technologies
- Basic familiarity with any programming or scripting language
- Have a working, user-level knowledge of Unix/Linux, Mac, or Windows